Vs > Mcmurdo Sound
Apia, Upolu vs Mcmurdo Sound Climate & Distance Between
Apia, Upolu vs Oakdale, Ne, Usa
Apia, Upolu vs Phrae, Thailand
Apia, Upolu vs Hamburg-Fuhlsbuttel, Germany
Apia, Upolu vs Chico Univ Farm, Ca, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Danville, Il, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Laverton, Australia
Mcmurdo Sound vs Ipameri, Brazil
Mcmurdo Sound vs Cape Uelen, Russia
Walvis Bay/ Pelican Point vs Kunming
Melo vs Padidan
Jaskul, Kalmykia vs Clarksdale, Ms
Watertown, Wi vs Bejaia
- The distance between Apia, Upolu, Samoa and Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica is approximately 7,223 km or 4,489 mi.
- To reach Apia, Upolu in this distance one would set out from Mcmurdo Sound bearing 23.2° or NNE and follow the great circles arc to approach Apia, Upolu bearing 4.9° or N .
- Apia, Upolu has a tropical rainforest climate (Af) whereas Mcmurdo Sound has a ice cap climate (EF).
- The mean annual temperature is 43.7 °C (78.7°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 23.6 °C (42.5°F) less in Apia, Upolu. The continentality subtype is extremely hyperoceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 2640 mm (103.9 in) more which is equivalent to 2640 l/m² (64.79 US gal/ft²) or 26,400,000 l/ha (2,822,335 US gal/ac) more. About 13 2/5 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 59.9° higher in Apia, Upolu than in Mcmurdo Sound.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Apia, Upolu relative to Mcmurdo Sound. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Mcmurdo Sound vs Apia, Upolu
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Apia, Upolu vs Tacna, Peru
Apia, Upolu vs Utena, Lithuania
Apia, Upolu vs Naxos, Greece
Apia, Upolu vs Puerto Lempira, Honduras
Mcmurdo Sound vs Sachs Harbour, Nt, Canada
Mcmurdo Sound vs Valentia, Ireland
Mcmurdo Sound vs Saga, Japan
Mcmurdo Sound vs Federal Point, Fl, Usa
Lower Hutt, Gracefield vs Sofia
Naples, Campania vs Macon, Georgia
Holsteinsborg vs Topeka, Ks
Sydney (airport) vs Vientiane
Apia, Upolu vs Mcmurdo Sound Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Apia, Upolu
Climate Guides for Locations near Mcmurdo Sound